CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Dream Team? Maybe Not!

Tonight was an off night in p90x world. In recovery week, today was Stretch X, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I spent the 57 minutes stretching my entire body, jumped up, drank some water and went off to basketball.

One of my friends opens the local gym up on Thursday nights. It's a pretty good group for the most part. We have a few people who are either too aggressive or too mouthy, but most of the guys are there to have a good time and work off those chili dogs (or whatever).

The team I played on tonight was really good. We had a new girl come out today. There were actually 3 girls there tonight, which is really rare. Anyway, our new girl, Tiffany was MONEY from the outside. I just kept putting my big body in front of her defender and she just kept draining it. I wouldn't call it the Dream Team, but it was a lot of fun.

I really enjoy basketball more now that I've been doing p90x. Between the weights, the stretching and plyometrics, my athleticism is leaps and bounds (pun intended) above what it used to be. The only thing p90x has not fixed yet is my lower back.

That's okay. Tomorrow is Core Synergistics. Maybe if I can get this gut in shape, it will take a little pressure of my back.

Talk to you soon.

0 comments: