CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

In the dark, late at night, with the computer on.....

Hmmmm? I know what you're thinking! SICKOS! When I got home from the restaurant, after seeing my friend Jason, I had to learn more about p90x. My wife and I have date night on Fridays, so I had to wait until she went to be.

I jump on the computation machine (Brian Regan reference: if you don't know Brian, go to youtube.com and type in his name; you won't be sorry) and search Google (FREE PLUG, as if they need it). First site is www.p90x.com. Sounds logical; let's check it out. After searching for about 45 minutes, I decide that I really like this program. It's got 12 different DVD's including weights, yoga (huh?), and plyometrics. When I played football, we did plyometrics all the time. Plyometrics is a fancy word for "jumping exercises." It turns strength into power. I LOVE me some plyometrics. What was real funny was that I had just went to the gym and felt like a freak for stacking layers of step aroebics boxes on top of each other so I could do them. I just missed when working out was both challenging and fun.

So, after 45 minutes of seeing guys with rock hard abs, I asked myself the question: "Where are the fat guys?" Well, I'm a bit of a cynic, in general, but after seeing the results of my friend Jason, I had to know what this might do for a lard butt like me. This is what lead me to Youtube (gratis; no problemo). I looked for Big p90x video posts. I found like 3 dudes. One guy went pretty far into it. He was on like his 3rd 90 day session. He looked 100% better than he did, but I was not ultra-impressed. After watching several of his videos, I noticed that his work had immense amounts of travel and he liked the malted beverage. Hey man! Thanks for the honest. Seriously! Give the guy credit for not "faking" it.

This lead me to my revelation. I will do p90x! I will not only do it, but I will try to be a shining example of a big guy. I don't work out of town and I don't drink beer (mostly). I'm going to see what happens AND I'm going to put it all on Youtube.

Up next..............how do I work this stinkin' video camera?

0 comments: